Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A tearful adieu - seniors!

“When you get up late and realise that you are late to the class – never bunk the breakfast!! Bunk the class!!”
That was the first piece of advice given by a senior in my first year. Well such valuable suggestions were given by the seniors to the juniors – as an inheritance and are passed on for generations. Here are a few memories that throw light on the positive aspects of such phenomena -pardon me for the usage of technical terms.

It was during Technozion – 08’ - our insti's techfest,when all the civil first years (we) were running about the fourfold department, helping the seniors, volunteering for event management (quite a hi-fi name then), treasure hunt, quiz etc., thus giving a reason for the rest of our batch mates to envy us for a life time. At the end of the day, we had a sense of achievement and belongingness to the place where we are destined to study in the years to come.

I still remember those days when we had the ragging sessions on our vast lawns - had lots of fun!I was an introvert,narrow minded and suffered totally with attitude.A couple of years since I can see myself change so much(in a +ve sense);thanks to all my seniors.

Hence a small tribute to them:

When in doubt or when I fell, you stretched your helping hand,
Laughing with me and also showing me as to where I stand,
Bridging the gap by enabling to reach the profs with ease,
Explaining every trivial concept as and when I please,
Advising me on the career to be taken and path to be followed,
Internships to apply and applications to be filled,
And above all telling me that none of these are worth a life time
Whether one was there by chance or choice, one must pursue ones’ own dream!!
Speechless as there is no word that would thank you enough
And thus bidding you goodbye in the hope that one day I can be as good as you.

No comments:

Post a Comment